UNIWORK– Strengthening Career Centres in Central Asia Higher Education Institutions to empower graduates in obtaining and creating quality employment
The UNIWORK project – “Strengthening Career Centres in Central Asia Higher Education Institutions to empower graduates in obtaining and creating quality employment” – aims to boost university-industry links that foster sustainable socio-economic development in Central Asia, by enhancing the capacities of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to efficiently promote the employability of graduates and develop an entrepreneurship culture amongst students, in line with Bologna and Tempus priorities.
UNIWORK is co-financed by the European Commission through the TEMPUS programme.
Specifically our objectives are to:
- Transform the Career Centres of 12 Partner Countries' Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) into truly efficient instruments to promote and support employment and entrepreneurship amongst students, creating a role model for other HEIs in the partner countries
- Reinforce university-enterprise relationships, developing tools and mechanisms for active involvement of enterprises in the Career Centres
UNIWORK, implemented by a consortium of Central Asian HEIs, Enterprise associations and HE policy makers, will attain the most urgent needs of the Central Asian HEI sector and economies through:
- Creating a knowledge base and identifying good practices in Central Asia and the EU regarding employment and entrepreneurship.
- Building capacities of the staff of 12 Central Asian Career Centres, benefiting also students and other Central Asian HEIs.
- Strengthening organisational capacities of the Career Centres.
- Enhance services for students.
- Policy Support & Networking Actions for active stakeholder inclusion & building bridges between HE & Enterprise.
- Disseminating project results following a strategic approach addressing the various target groups & stakeholders.
Through its activities and sustainable outputs, UNIWORK will benefit not only the 12 Central Asian HEIs directly involved, but also other HEIs and stakeholders in the Region of Central Asia.
12.2013 – 12.2016
1.223.104,37 EUR (TUT budget 52300 EUR)
University of Alicante, Spain
Technological University of Tajikistan
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tajikistan
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan
Khujand Polytechnical institute of Tajik technical university
University of Alicante
FH Joanneum Gesellschaft mbH
University of Sheffield
Bishkek Academy of Finance and Economics
Osh Technological University named after academician M.M. Adyshev
Turar Ryskulov New Economic University
Talas State University
Kokshetau State University
Bukhara State University
Samarkand State University
Tashkent State University of Economics
Turkmen State Institute of Economics and Management
Turkmen State Institute of Transport and Communication
Bishkek Business Club
Association of Commercial and Industrial Enterprises
Chamber of commerce and industry of Uzbekistan
Turkmenbaha (TB) Economic Society
Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyzstan
Ministry of Higher Education of Uzbekistan
Ministry of Higher Education of Kazakhstan
Ministry of Higher Education of Turkmenistan
Within TEMPUS UNIWORK project there was established Career Centre at the Technological University of Tajikistan that helps students to raise employability. The project also strengthened the organizational capacity of the Career Center at the university through trainings organized by the EU partners. TEMPUS UNIWORK Project is the only project, which with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tajikistan in all HEIs there were established Career Centers and the network of university Career Centers. The project has improved the technical capacity of the TUT Career Centre through delivery of the modern equipment such as notebooks, computers, server. In addition, in the framework of implementation of the TEMPUS UNIWORK project there developed a special interactive web-portal where all the information and services are available for both students and employers, which facilitates the cooperation between university and industry. There was also conducted National Forum and Regional Forum on Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship. After the implementation of the project, by the Career Centre there are annually organized Job Fairs and provided various services to students of the Technological University of Tajikistan.