Technological University of Tajikistan is a higher educational institution which educates and trains specialists in the field of technology, communications, economics and design in accordance with license of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tajikistan (№ AY №0001546 from 07.07.2014 city). The institution was established by the Council of Ministers of the Tajik SSR № 207 from September 20, 1990 as the Tajik Higher Technological College, and then on the basis of Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers № 530 and from July 29, 1991 The higher Technological college was transformed into the Tajik Technological Institute of light and food industries. Since February 19, 1993 in accordance with the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Tajikistan № 80 on the basis of this educational institution it started functioning as the Technological University of Tajikistan.
Presently There’s a head office functioning in the structure of the university in city Dushanbe, and Institute of Technology and Innovation Management in the city of Kulyab, with the branch in Isfara, innovative high school lyceum in the city of “Dushanbe” and Gymnasium in the city of “Kulyab.” Branch
Technological University of Tajikistan carries out fruitful cooperation with more than 60 foreign universities. On the basis of the signed agreements in cooperation with several universities of the Russian Federation, today, there are more than 1,200 of our students who receive an education in techhnical and technological specialties in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Ivanovo, Kostroma, Yaroslavl, Voronezh, Ussuriysk, Rybinsk, Nizhny Novgorod. There are two joint Tajik-Russian Faculties in the university (in the capital and in the Institute of Technology and Innovation Management in the city of Kulyab).
On the basis of the joint Tajik-Ukrainian faculty, there are implemented various levels of programs and trainings of specialists in cooperation with more than 10 higher educational institutions of Ukraine. There is also, the center of distance education in this faculty, on the basis of which the students through the distance and through the use of information and communication technologies are able to carry out their studies in the Universities of Russian Federation and Ukraine.
There are 9 faculties and more than 22 departments in the structure of the University in the city of Dushanbe, which full fills the full time education and education in correspondence of more than of 5200 students in 39 different specialties. There are about 250 teaching staff including academic and corresponding members. Tajik Academics of Sciences, doctors and candidates of sciences, professors and associate professors.
Engineering –Technology Faculty
- Metrology, standardization and certification (in the directions of light and food industries)
- Machines and mechanism of food productions
- Technology of storage and processing of raw foods
- Technology of functionality and baby food
- Technology of storage and processing of animal products
- Production of products and organization of public food
Faculty of Technology and Design
- Technology yarn, fabrics, knitted fabrics and nonwovens
- Designing and technology of garments
- Design (according to specialty)
- Garments design
- Design of textiles
- Spinning of natural thread
- Technology fabrics
- Technology knitwear
- Design decoration of textile fabrics
- Technology of garments
Faculty of financial and management innovation
- The economy of scientific and technological progress
- Economic analysis
- Finance and credit
- Economics and Management (industrial enterprises)
- Project management
- Management and diplomacy use of water resources
Faculty of World Economy and Marketing
- World economy
- Management of foreign investments
- International Marketing
Faculty of Management and European education model
- International management
- Investment management
- Effective energy technology and energy management
Faculty of Information Technology branches
- Software Information Technology (specialization of systems and data security, Mathematical and software of automated production, software engineering
- Technology and information systems (in the economy)
Tajik – Ukrainian joint faculty
- Computer systems and internet – technology
- Banking computer systems
- Automated Systems
Joint Tajik – Russian Faculty
- Telecommunication networks
- Professional education. Computer techologies
- Specialty “Computer design, Internet and multimedia technologies
- Professional education. Telecommunications and communication.
- Specialization. “The systems of Telecommunication and networks, mobile, satellite communications and radio”
- Professional education. Design
- Specialization “The Human Design Style and the environment”
- Professional education. Light industry
- Specialization “Technology products of light industry”
There are modern educational and scientific libraries functioning in the University (traditional and electronic), the center of computer technologies,24 computer classes, more than 800 modern computers. 64 of which are equipped for the use of multimedia technology in the process of learning and the implementation of students’ independent work. complex of modern audiences.
The university has created an innovative and technological park “Fanovar” (“Technology”),.Which is being the center of scientific research, at the same time it is used as a education and production laboratory. Moreover, there is the Student Center of inventions and creativity, in which the group of students are engaged in labor activities within the framework of research programs and support of talents.
The students of the University are effectively involved in the development and presentation of authorized innovative projects based on their specific specialty.
In each semester there is the competition for the best students’ innovational projects. In order to support talented students, the center is organized for improving professional skills and support students’ initiatives.
Periodical publication of University: “The herald of TUT”, collections of materials held in international conferences, newspaper “Fanovar”. The best intellectual and creative achievements of students are published in the magazine “Student and scientific technical innovation.”
Since 2012 at the Faculty of Management and the European model of education there function an academic groups in which classes in all subjects are taught in English.
In order to increase the level of knowledge, morality, sense of national identity and inspire patriotism in students, the rector of the University makes seven demands for competitiveness of all students.
- To be polite, modest and decent, that is, to show respect to teachers and fellow students, to be able to create a model of professional self-improvement in the process of education;
- To develop one innovative project in each semester or present one invention in the field of Technical creativity or based on the specific specialty
- To have the skills of business correspondence and to be prepared for activities (“Electronic Government”) (write error-free business letter, consisting of 100 words);
- To be fluent in a foreign languages (at least, – in two);
- To have a deep skills in the computer technology and in particular in one minute to be able to type at least 150 characters.
- On the basis ofthe assigned objectivesto be able towrite a businessplan for the project;
- 7.To have skills about the game of chess.
The admission of students for the examination sessions is proceeded through the results of certification with the compliance of required competitive ability.
With the competitive purpose of the University’s graduates, there functions (Center for the competitiveness of the students in the Technological University of Tajikistan in a free labor market”. For more information on http://raqobat-21tut.tj
In order to improve and maintain the artistic and intellectual abilities of students in the university, there are formed creative collectives – ensemble “Nuri Rogun” (“Light raguhn”), fashion theater “Tobon” (“Light”), studio design “Gularusak” (“daughter in law”), KVN team “Olami digar” (“Underworld”).